SafeLink S20 SRS
Introducing the SafeLink S20 SRS (Survivor Recovery System), the first of its kind, a personal AIS (Automatic Identification System) device designed to be fitted to a lifejacket and assist in Man Overboard recovery.
The SafeLink S20 transmits target survivor information, including structured alert messages, GPS position information and a unique serialised identity number back to the onboard plotter*. An inbuilt high precision GPS receiver provides accurate position information to assist in quick recovery of survivors.It will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a 7 year battery storage life.
It also features a flashing LED indicator light; to aid detection at night and a self test facility with battery use indication.
How It Works
Carrying a SafeLink S20 is a must for every safety conscious sailor. using this simple to operate, yet state of the art new device ensures the ultimate chance of retrieval in a Man Overboard situation. View the demonstration.
How SafeLink R10 SRS Works
- SafeLink S20 SRS must be mounted on a lifejacket using the attachment clips provided, prior to going to sea
- S20 SRS is activated manually in an emergency situation
- A unique emergency alert is transmitted to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled chart plotters within a 4 mile radius (typical)
- An AIS SAR emergency icon signals the requirement for urgent help in a Man Overboard situation.
- Precise target survivor information including GPS position becomes viewable when the chart plotter* cursor is positioned over the emergency alert icon Provides exact location, range and bearing to locate person(s) in need of assistance.
- The SafeLink S20 SRS can be manually activated in two easy steps; when installed in the life jacket the orange safety tab should be released, this ‘arms’ the R10 ready for use. To use, first inflate the life jacket. When it is inflated, pull the orange tab downwards to pull the red cap off the R10. This will deploy the antenna and automatically switch ON the s20 SRS.
|AIS message transmitted
|Message 1 (UID, GPS position, SOG, COG, UTC) Message 14 (SART-ACTIVE or SART-TEST)
|immersion to 5m (16.4 ft)
|-20°c to +55°c (-4°f to +131°f
|-30°c to +70°c (-22°f to +158°f
|GPS position update
|6v Lithium Metal
|By service centre
|27*47*124mm (1.1″ * 1.6″ * 4.7″)
|logged by microcontroller
|120g (4.23 oz)
|After 10 seconds (no GPS)
|AIS channel 1 -161.975MHz, AIS channel 2 – 162.025MHz
|4 nautical miles (typical)
|Flashing white LED
Safelink R10 SRS retail pack